Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 1)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith Meetings
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like more and more recently MT citizens have been meeting up. I thought it might be a good idea to have one place with information on them. Perhaps link to the threads about them too. I can get a few from recently but I'd really love it if people could send me more information so we can have a complete list of Past meetings, current meetings, and future meetings along with the threads linked to each and the names of the citizens who were there.

Past Meetings:
* Curu's Trip to Ireland ( Curufin The Crafty and Glóin the Dark)

* Gna Visits Thingol in Sverige ( Gna and Thingol of Doriath)

*A Fire Ainur meeting ( Arien the Maia and Belegurth)

* Messages for Athene........AKA - 'I'm off to visit her in her new home.' ( Wetwang and Athene )

* Oh my god! There's less than a month to go! ( Wetwang and Singollo of Doriath )

* Keo in England... all Brits Beware!!! ( Princess Keona ,Freya and fran ???)

* So we meet at last! ( Isengrim Took IV ,Tinwë and theWhiteLady )

*Meeting of the minds (First group: EowynatHeart ,Snow Wizard, Lostfiniel , and bombadil )(Second group: EowynatHeart and Aikanáro )

*Comic-con 2004 ( Peony Brandybuck , Alatariel , Anariel Took, Aranel Charis, Celandine Baker , ElenaeFalmaKal , Elentári Tintallë , Frodes, Lillianna, Lostfiniel, Neytari Took-Baggins, Tindómerel, Valmordae, Roland, Cornus Ponicus and Eöl Númenessë )

* The Freya and Singollo Show (Freya and Singollo of Doriath )

* A Long-Expected Journey: Talan visits Lillianna ( Talan, Lillianna and Aranel Charis )

* look who I met today ( Ecthelion of the Fountain , bombadil and Miz Lobelia )

* Lilisë and Curufin's Christmas Vacation Thread ( Emma Goldman and Aikanáro )

* RotK London viewing ( Freya , Lord Mithrandir, Athene, Aerel, The Laurenendôrian and TheGentleman )

* The Southern California MTers Gathering ( Lillianna ,Braeden ,Neytari and Tindómerel )

* The Gathering of the Fellowship 2003 Grand Event!!!!!!! ( Aragorn Wingfoot ,Ainaundomiel Roisin , Gandalf the White ,Lostfiniel ,Luthien daughter of Melian ,Merry Brandybuck ,Peony Brandybuck ,Peregrin Took ,ZoSo 'Ice Cold' Gamgee, Just Sharon and CRAM it)

* The Minas Tirith London Gathering! ( The Mighty Müsnud ,Tigerlily ,Laurenendôrian ,TheGentleman ,fran ,Freya and Aikanáro )

* Kisses for Athene ( Wetwang and Athene)

*So we meet again, AGAIN, at last! ( Isengrim Took IV, Tinwë , theWhiteLady and Elvengirl i])

*Lilli goes to Texas! ([i]Lilliana and Talan
)
~with some pictures in this thread

Current Meetings:

Future Meetings:
* A completely Unexpected Party? ( Athene and Everyone???) []

Meetings without threads:
* Princess Keona, Princess Atlantis, Pesky, Lord Mithrandir and Neff

* Daenar, theWhiteLady, Elvengirl and Tinwë

* Snowdog, Elora Starsong and Huntress

* Snowdog and Arvedui

* Estel the Ranger and Ossy

Special Meetings: []
Wedding Bells for Thorin and Eledhsúle ! ( Eledhsúle and Thorin )

Note to those meeting!
~If any of you have MT shirts it'd be great to see you in your MT gear
~If you're meeting at an amusement park try doing the Rollercoaster Project

~This is what I have so far. I KNOW there are more. But either I didn't see the thread, there isn't a thread, or the thread is past page 15 in the pony. I'll go further next time I get a chance but I wanted to get this up. But please all information that I don't have or that I may have wrong is welcome. The order I have them in is the order in which I saw them while looking. I'll sort them by date later when I have more.

[ 07-30-2006, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

posted      Profile for Iarnar the Desert Dog   Edit/Delete Post 
This is a very good idea, so good, in fact, that I have requested that the Steward make it a "sticky" thread.

However, I would like this thread to be a "summary" type thread. I would suggest that others post to this thread only to notify Lostfiniel that a new thread has been started about a current or future RL meeting between MT members. Such postings should include a link to the new thread.

Once Lostfiniel edits the first post to add the link, you should remove your "notification" post.

Of course, all this assumes that Lostfiniel is willing...

Edit: []

[ 08-08-2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Iarnar son of Iarlot ]

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is what I was going for. Thank you for the suggestion too btw.

[]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not forget about the Gathering, Losty []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

I know but I was getting the threads in the pony first. *Takes a break from making so many links*

I have the gathering, the MT meeting in Cali when Brae came out, then bombadil and a couple others have a thread that somehow escaped me, and Mith coming out to Cali (Although I don't know that there's a thread for that one)

Plus I know that there have been meetings between citizens in Europe and I haven't had much luck in finding out anything about that.

Along with the fact that I wanted to link to both the Roller Coaster project and something about MT gear as a reminder to people who may be meeting up. So I know I have work to do. []

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea Losty!
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Losty:
Müsnud's thread in the Pony from 5/16/03: The Minas Tirith London Gathering includes the priceless photo taken by fran of TG, The Laur, Freya, Aik/Sil, Aerel, Müs and Tigerlily

[ 08-08-2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not be forgetting the wonderful meeting of the Mü and Mrs Mü.

e: ah yes, I see Celebrían had the same notion.

[ 08-08-2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: fran ]

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
fran, yes, I wish you could have also been on the other side of the photos in that one! *goes to edit
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
there was one of me that Müsnud took, sadly his pictures are no longer there it seems. I could host them if they were sent to me. Anyhow, it's not really like y'all need to look at my mug. That's why I take the photo's after all []
From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea, Losty! []

I can also direct you in the direction of this thread.

I also met up with Brae and Laur last year, and Andreth last month, but I don't recall there being threads.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

Alright, thanks everyone for being so helpfull. I'll have at least up to here updated by tonight. []
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea!

Here's the Disneyland gathering we had when Brae came to town.

Lillianna, Braeden, Neytari, & Tindómerel.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool idea Losty!!!!
From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neff
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1673

posted      Profile for Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Neff   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could always mention that Keo, Attie, Pesky, Mith, and Neff met in LA(more specifically Burbank). Oh, and it later me and Pesky just hung out with Mith and his friend alone in Santa Monica.
No thread was made but those were some great times. []

From: I give up....Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky ducks, the lot o' you.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea, Losty! Allow me to add this thread, with Miz Lobelia, Ecthelion, and me. But I can't pull the picture up -- without the photo with the condom sign in the background, this one's not nearly as funny.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! a sunny day in Seattle!

I met Elora Starsong last December, and I've met Huntress and Rian and Arvedui. We just didn't talk about it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

Snowdog, so was your meeting with Elora seperate than the others? 2 different meetings?

I made a few changes. That should work for now. []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You missed RotK London Gathering Mark II...and B-G MINUS 20!
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and B-G MINUS 20!

That should be B-R MINUS 20! you dinlow of a cement puddler []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
RotK London viewing

Also, the Mithrandir in your first post should link to me, not Brian's brother.

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daenar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2604
posted      Profile for Daenar   Author's Homepage   Email Daenar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
tWL, Elvengirl, Tinwë, and I met up earlier this year. I believe it was the 16 of July. Sorry, no thread.

Edit: No, no. July 17.

[ 08-20-2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Daenar ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Carpe diem. Carpe mundum.

From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peony Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2062

posted      Profile for Peony Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   Email Peony Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's cool that I was a part of two of the biggest gatherings of MT people.. it's totally because I was there.... I'm like a magnet for awesomeness.

[ 08-15-2004, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Peony Brandybuck ]

From: Bywater | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Losty as you're collecting these here, Thorin and I, probably can be put there, we met 1st time, a year ago, and the thread to use these days I guess is this: Wedding Bells for Thorin and Eledhsúle !

Edited.

[ 08-16-2004, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help