Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 4)
Author Topic: What film are you watching this time?
Durza
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4571
posted      Profile for Durza   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Spider-man.

-Durza

[ 07-06-2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Durza ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Who ever said nothing's impossible, apperently never tried to slam a revolving door.

From: Right where you don't want me, here. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Tindómerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3721

posted      Profile for Tindómerel   Author's Homepage   Email Tindómerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bubble-Boy.
From: a small hole in the ground | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished watching the telemovie, Jessica.

[] []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw "50 First Dates" last night. Very funny and good movie!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
  • Dragonfly
  • Rear Window
  • In America

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rear Window is my favorite Hitchcock film-I like it better than Vertigo or Psycho. I've seen the film several times, and I still get uptight when Jeff (Jimmy Stewart) sends Lisa (Grace Kelly) over to the apartment. "No! Don't do it!" []

Grace Kelly, like Audrey Hepburn, was one of those actresses who was so beautiful that she did everything "prettily". Even things that make normal people look hideous, like brushing teeth or eating spaghetti. []

Lisa: I wish I were creative.

Jeff: You are. You're great at creating difficult situations.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like Thelma Todd in that movie also. The only way they'd get that [wedding] ring away from me is if they cut off . . . my . . . finger . . . []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

Her character also says

quote:
Intelligence. Nothing has caused the human race so much trouble as intelligence.
Hmmm.

[]

-

[ 07-19-2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Gna ]

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bought North by Northwest last week (just the DVD, that is, not the copyright). I hadn't seen it in years and had forgotten (or else never realised) just how brilliant it is. One magnificent scene after another. Early in the film Cary Grant does one of the best and funniest performances of drunkenness I've seen. And Bernard Herrmann is on top form throughout. Psycho is my favourite Hitchcock film, though.

-

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

I love the scsne in the elevator where his mother asks the baddies, You're not really trying to kill my son, are you ?

Also: News flash ! Kaplan has dan-druff.

Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

quote:
That's funny, that plane's dustin' crops where there ain't no crops.
North by Northwest is brilliant, and there's so much innuendo between Roger and Eve that got past the censors. []

I also liked Spellbound - great movie for paranoid amateur psychologists. []

And then of course there's the eternally bubbly (even when her son is kidnapped) Doris Day in:

-

[ 07-19-2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Gna ]

Elvengirl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1757

posted      Profile for Elvengirl   Author's Homepage   Email Elvengirl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just got finished watching "The Princess Bride" []

[ 07-19-2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Elvengirl ]

From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peony Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2062

posted      Profile for Peony Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   Email Peony Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about to head back downstairs and watch the rest of Six Degrees of Separation. I love that movie.. it's such a cool concept. I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through though. I always catch it on the Lifetime channel either halfway through or right before I have to go somewhere.
From: Bywater | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Watched The Bourne Identity last night, to prepare for The Bourne Supremacy on Friday! []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Master and Commander: Far Side of the World
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Watching X-Men at the moment…
quote:
Rogue: Where am I supposed to go?
Logan: I don’t know.
Rogue: You don’t know or you don’t care?
Logan: Pick one.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Josie and the pussycats hahaha
yay!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
7 Seasons, 144 Episodes, 6018 minutes, 361018 Seconds.
BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall fade.

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharaz Kiwi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2880

posted      Profile for Pharaz Kiwi   Author's Homepage   Email Pharaz Kiwi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Josie and the Pussycats is such a funny movie, I especially love the bit about the boy band Landing in the carpark of a Metallica concert and lucky for them they knew the words to Enter Sandman.
From: Dead smack in the middle, New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! Josie and the Pussycats! Brilliance, best song ever: "Backdoor Lover"

Bought Interview with a Vampire and Lost Boys on dvd, watched them last night, amazing films!

Also watched Gothika the other night. It's quite good, the beginning is a bit boring, but I suppose it's got to build up the suspence.

My dad bought me Reservoir Dogs on dvd as an early birthday preasant, fantastic film. "Stuck in the Middle" is never going to sound the same!

Crate

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Dolenbalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2019

posted      Profile for Sir Dolenbalion   Email Sir Dolenbalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There are people on MT that like Josie and the Purssycats besides me? YAY! [] That movie is SO hilarious. []
From: The Great Lime Green, Bright Blue, and Purplewood of Dolebyland! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elvengirl - I love that film!

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.

Gotta love Mandy Patinkin. He's great in Dead Like Me too.

Not really film, but I'm a'watchin firefly right now. Brilliant.

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched Courage under fire. Before that Shrek because we saw Shrek 2 at the cinema, and I couldn't really remember the first one. Donkey was just hilarious in the first film!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from Napolean Dynamite! Funniest movie I've seen in a very long time! []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peony Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2062

posted      Profile for Peony Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   Email Peony Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some cheesy David Hasselhoff movie is playing in the living room... so I'm back in my room watching Swing Kids. I heart this movie so much.
From: Bywater | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Dolenbalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2019

posted      Profile for Sir Dolenbalion   Email Sir Dolenbalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just added a bit 'o Viggo to my night and watched Hidalgo for the first time. [] I quite enjoyed it!
From: The Great Lime Green, Bright Blue, and Purplewood of Dolebyland! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help