Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 2)
Author Topic: What film are you watching this time?
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The last movie I saw in the theatres was "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind". Easily one of the best movies I've seen all year. I LOVED IT! Go see it. Go see it now. Jim Carrey's must-see dramatic role. If you thought the Truman Show was good, you're in for a treat.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Truman is one of my favourite films.

I'll look out for this one when it opens here. Thanks Maha!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Woodstock yesterday. SLY!! []
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ah, I saw Eternal Sunshine with Andreth and Lostfiniel. We all agreed it was definitely weird. There were some disturbing elements in there, but it was rather interesting. It's a very artsy film, too. Cinematography is wonderful...

The last movie I watched in theaters was The Prince and Me. I don't recommend it, really. It's very cliche, and I was wondering the whole time why a Danish Prince had an English accent.... []

Oh and the most recent movie I've seen is Princess Mononoke. Excellent. Loved it. I need to see Grave of the Fireflies now.

[ 04-16-2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Princess Mononoke is really good. I saw it a while ago. The last film I watched was Gladiator in my Latin Class. I'm hoping to be able to watch PotC. If my mom goes to Blockbusters she said she'd pick it up for me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gladiator is an excellent movie! I love the music so much!
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Jim Carrey is Great.

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erendis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1248

posted      Profile for Erendis   Author's Homepage   Email Erendis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw Anna Karenina with Sophie Marceau and Sean Bean. I had seen it before, actually. I liked it, it's a good rendering of the book. []
From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peony Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2062

posted      Profile for Peony Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   Email Peony Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just got home from seeing Kill Bill Vol. 2 and The Punisher. They both owned, but Kill Bill was better. I cried in it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Palabra A Tu Madre
-Peony Brandybuck

Listen to my friend Billy Zane and read my blog

From: Bywater | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
empire of the sun, soon to be a classic
From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There’s Something About Mary.
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] The Three Musketeer's- very different from the book, but still exciting (Though I still think of Orlando as d'Artangnan rather than Chris O'Donnell [] )
From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Blow

Excellent movie. []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*claps as loud as possible for Woodstock spectator* []
*claps for Blow choise too*

I saw 'Zabrisky point' in video last night, just after MP 'Life of Brian'... a great night!

[ 04-23-2004, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Arien the Maia ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Her Majesty the High Duchess of Torture and Pain.
Server of the Sun
~
Athene and Arien the Maia:
Overtaking posters since 2003

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail- never get sick of it []

* whips off her hat to Arien * the MP never fail

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alien... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
7 Seasons, 144 Episodes, 6018 minutes, 361018 Seconds.
BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall fade.

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peony Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2062

posted      Profile for Peony Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   Email Peony Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Boondock Saints
From: Bywater | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Big Fish
Eulalia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2417

posted      Profile for Eulalia   Author's Homepage   Email Eulalia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Another Thin Man
William Powell was a great actor. []

From: kansas city, mo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*drools* Thin man.....

I haven't seen those in a long time.

*wipes up drool*

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't Say a Word

Sean Bean []

Michael Douglas []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MP []

I watched last night 'Sylvia', the autobiography of Sulvia Plath, a great poet. Guineth Paltrow -sp?- was the leading actress and it's the first time I saw her being an actress and not a cucumber, too strong a film, too dark a film and I recomend it only to those who believe in the theory that 'we two were two halfs walking the face of the earth and then we met and we became a whole person, before you there was nothing, after you there is only death'.
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Her Majesty the High Duchess of Torture and Pain.
Server of the Sun
~
Athene and Arien the Maia:
Overtaking posters since 2003

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newithica of Macondo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2403

posted      Profile for Newithica of Macondo   Email Newithica of Macondo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Man on the Train, a french movie that was REALLY good...

Spirited Away, which was much better than I'd expected for that sort of movie.

and

Eternal Sunshine, which I thought was wonderful.

From: On my roof | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Master and Commander

A film that shows the power and smarts of the British navy back when Britain had balls, and it was a nation it's people could be proud of.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Edward Scissorhands [] []
If ever I am in a foul mood or upset I can rent this movie and laugh till I choke. I love this movie!

and

The Seven Samurai is next on my list for tomorrow (or tonight) I have never seen it before though. []

From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help