Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 17)
Author Topic: What film are you watching this time?
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] They are indeed, Athene. So is the excellent Thor-Loki chemistry. [] (I do not do blond beefcake either, but I do like thunder storms. [] [] )

Today I tracked down and saw Only Lovers Left Alive. Tilda Swinton makes a good cultured vampire, as does Tom Hiddleston (even if I have seen a bit much of him this last 24 hours [] ). Nice music too. However, much as I enjoyed it, I'm not sure I'd recommend it to people just because it's more than a little slow and nothing much really happens. I doubt it'd be everyone's cup of tea. []

Now watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

How was The Book Thief, Brae? The trailer didn't look promising when I caught it before The Monuments Men (very good) the other day.

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you 'ship it?
[]

I loathe Tom Hiddleston in real life but he is a wonderful actor and just heart-breaking as Loki.

I re-watched the first one recently and the tiny little shifts in expression are fabulous. Particularly when he is conspiring to let the Ice Giants into Asgard and this eeny little look of pain crosses his face - he knows he's hurting people he loves but he can't stop himself. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] No, but they're clearly great friends and it makes the whole conflicted brotherly relationship work very well.

Really? [] I've always thought he seemed like a really nice guy, they both do. Both very talented too. []

Yeah, Loki is a masterpiece. I hope the petition for his own film does it's job and Marvel make one. Yeah, his expressions are so telling. I know he's evil and all but how can you be mad at this puppy face? How? You just want to give him cookies and milk and tell him it'll be ok... []

-

[ 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Had retro night last night and we watched Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Always good for a laugh!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

It is good, but Life of Brian is better. []
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Watching the Veronica Mars movie... for the 6th or 7th time? []
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can take or leave LoB. Doesn;t have the same history with me.

Watched Veronica Mars the other day. I thought it was good but my wife wasn't impressed.

Hoping to see Monuments Men shortly....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I liked Monuments Men.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier... I know the big spoiler due to the Agents of SHIELD tie-in, but haven't been able to see the film until now. []

E: While some of the car chases/wrecks were a bit too much, it was far more enjoyable than Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 combined. []

[ 05-18-2014, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

X-Men: Days of Future Past []

E: What spoiler, Brae? I gave up on AoS, it was just so awful. [] I can't say I liked Winter Soldier much, but I don't like Captain America. [] I did very much like Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 though. []

[ 05-28-2014, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thror 2 Iron Man 3 sounds a bit like a football score []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

A couple 1970's Sifi-Fi icons...

Solyent Green & Illustrated Man

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Maleficent []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Watched a good oldie last night ...
City Heat

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Transformers: Age of Extinction last week, How To Train Your Dragon 2 this week. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Sharknado was on TV yesterday... []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And how was it?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Godfather []
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

quote:
And how was it?
Awful, of course.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Oh, dear, I was expecting it to be slightly better than that! []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

How can you possibly have thought that? []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

DQ: So you won't be watching Sharknado 2: The Second One? That just aired in the US. []

*has yet to see the first*

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I will, for the laugh, but only when it's on TV. []

Saw Hercules and Noah this week.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Looking forward to this one...

Fury

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Guardians of the Galaxy. []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 17)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help