Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 11)
Author Topic: What film are you watching this time?
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The last film I saw was John Carter - it lived up to my low expectations. [] Before that was The Woman in Black, I believe... It wasn't very good and wasn't improved by the cinema being full of people who screamed a lot. It wasn't scary, so why scream?
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Casablanca , a timeless classic.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw The Hunger Games - very dark, in my opinion a good adaptation of the book, which is even darker.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw The Avengers on Thursday. Amazing and unusually funny for the genre. Also contains a reference to LotR []
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hopefully seeing that next week, Tigranes. I hope it's as good as you say!
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Reign of fire
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Iron Man 2
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Thor, and before that The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man. I'm catching up on my Avengers back-story. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been doing a catch-up this weekend too. [] Watched Thor on Friday, both Iron Man films yesterday. Hoping to watch Captain America tonight. Then I'll watch The Avengers for a fifth time and actually understand all the background information. []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Great minds! [] Can't honestly say I'm going to watch Captain America though. Iron Man 2 will have to wait till it comes on TV, which probably won't be long. They seem to be having fun cashing in the Avengers. []

[ 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Prometheus.

Visually incredible, plot leaves something to be desired. Like maybe a sequel that explains what the frak is going on.

From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrackinAndProudOfIt
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11375

posted      Profile for CrackinAndProudOfIt   Author's Homepage   Email CrackinAndProudOfIt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just last night saw Elizabethtown (with Orlando Bloom). The whole time I had the unsettling notion that it would have been much better as a musical... []
From: Formenos, later Himring | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I last watched Captain America. Promising beginning, became increasingly formulaic as it went on. Then again that's my opinion of quite a lot of the films I've seen lately. []
From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching the recent BBC Shakespeare adaptations
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't watch any TV while I was in the UK-one reason was that reception on my Dad's set seems much worse since they did the switch to digital. Those Shakespeare adaptations are something I would have liked to see, though; they looked rather promising.
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Batman Begins... The first 30mins was a bit of a bore, and Christian Bale's Batman-voice is laughable, but otherwise it's been okay to watch.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

The Expendables 2. []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
3 idiots
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
Good fun, thought-provoking, and some very good actors (including the BBC audio's Sam Gamgee). Well worth a view.

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

That is a very good film, Elanor.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

The Cabin In The Woods
Roll of Honor Roxette
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2363

posted      Profile for Roxette   Email Roxette   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later

I also saw the The Woman in Black and did not like the ending.

From: I can see Manhattan from my.... | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

That new version of The Woman in Black wasn't very good at all IMO. Nor was it scary, despite everyone in the cinema screaming and then giggling. []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Roxy! []

Watched Expendables (1)

Now watching The Infidel

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roxette
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2363

posted      Profile for Roxette   Email Roxette   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tely! []

21 Jump Street...I thought it was ok.

Thor = Boring []

DQ Was the first movie version good? Have you seen it?

From: I can see Manhattan from my.... | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What film are you watching this time? (Page 11)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help