Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Name changes - RFP - Updated: 02-03-07, 16.47 GMT (Page 2)
Author Topic: Name changes - RFP - Updated: 02-03-07, 16.47 GMT
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SPAM!!
Huh? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I realize that this is the Pony, but can't you people at least pretend to honor the thread-maker's request?
quote:
Please, do not use this thread for (too much) chatting! I mean this to be a resource thread, not a discussion thread.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess not []
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops. Sorry.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4242
posted      Profile for Elrond   Email Elrond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was Boromir of Gondor and am now Elrond, for those who care.

[ 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Elrond ]

From: Wilmington, NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was simply Mahanaxar when I registered. Sometime after I changed my name to Mahanaxar the Crimson. I was the over-looked wizard of mild discomfort at that point. I got tired of that eventually and had my name changed back to just Mahanaxar. Now I'm Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard and have been for some time now.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the little aside, but I think it's amazing that the names Elrond and Elros were still free for the not-very-evil twins to get.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know WGW doesn't delete old accounts, but "Bilbo" was snapped up early on by a person who made one post and disappeared. []

There are no regular posters (that I know of) named simply Bilbo, Frodo, Merry, or Galadriel. Strange for a Tolkien board.

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manwë Súlimo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4429
posted      Profile for Manwë Súlimo   Email Manwë Súlimo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i was Manwë, now i am Manwë Súlimo, but no one cares cuz no one knew me cuz i am a newbie, so i don't know why i even post cuz no one cares []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
May the Grace of the Valar protect you.

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, just "Merry" is still free.
E: Manwë was cooler.
E2: But he's a newbie, he doesn't need to loathe himself, surely there are plenty of people around to do that for him!

[ 03-23-2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the self-loathing newbie... []
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Get out !!! MY FAVORITE HOBBIT !!!!

Shoot, except now I have this avatar I really like. Geez (oops, sorry, Athene) I'm tempted to switch.

[ 03-23-2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. First I find out Elrond and Elros hadn't been taken until yesterday, now Merry's still unused too?! What the heck is wrong with this place? Too many Aragorns and Legolases (Legoli? [] ) and Frodos and Eru knows who else... []

Oh, right, name changes. Not that I think it matters since everyone knows me as Éomer anyway, but here's how it goes for me. When I first signed up I was Menelcar of Gondor, then about a day later I switched to Éomer Éadig because I've always liked the guy and because nobody else had assumed the name. Then I read The Silmarillion and changed my name to Beren Erchamion because I became completely obsessed with him (still my favorite Silm character [] ), then I realized that wasn't me and became Éomer again. For a while I went by Alcarocco, a very rough Quenya translation of my name, but now I'm back to just Éomer and I doubt I'll be changing it again any time soon.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
Get out !!!.....Shoot..... Geez
WHICH DECADE DID YOU SAY YOU WERE FROM????
[] [] [] []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

"Get out!" is from Seinfeld. "Shoot" - I don't know how that got in there.

*vows never again to use quaint interjections in front of the Goddess*

Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
King Aragorn of Gondor is changed to Elros
From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that Findarato has changed his name again; this time to Kel'anth Niun .

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am unworthy to remain a citizen of MT, so pay no heed to my words.

In Deo Spes Mea.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That would be correct, except for the correct pronoun being "her."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin
http://www.shonjir.net

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
Sorry about that. I always thought you were a guy. *Wonders were he got such an idea*.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

In Deo Spes Mea.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No biggie. I tend to stay effectively androgenous online...keeps obnoxious preteens from hitting on you too much.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I already figured she did. I get completely crazy of that girl!! []
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
I believe it was your choosing Curufin and Curufinwe as your names what confused me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

In Deo Spes Mea.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

Well, it isn't my fault that the best characters in most novels are men... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~Bernadette Devlin

Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
There are many good female characters names not used in MT.
What about Morgan Lefay, Adunaphel, Kitiara, Laurana, Goldmoon, Helen of Troy or Rowena? Not that I suggest you change your name again, mind you.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

In Deo Spes Mea.

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't give her any ideas... []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Name changes - RFP - Updated: 02-03-07, 16.47 GMT (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help