Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 4)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Precocious Auburn Hobbit
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2325

posted      Profile for Precocious Auburn Hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Precocious Auburn Hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This one is pretty major:

My choral teacher found out Monday that she is developing scar tissue and nodules on her vocal chords. It's in a very early stage right now, but unless she really rests her voice for a while (which is highly unlikely, because she teaches five choir classes at two different schools) it may get to the point where she needs surgery to correct it. The condition has already affected her voice-what was once a very clear, sweet 1st soprano has dropped down to a husky 2nd soprano/high alto voice. She is very worried that it is going to get to the point where she not only has to leave her job, but stop singing all together. As I said, it is possible to stop this stuff (even reverse what has already happened, I think), and I'm asking you all to pray that she will be able to do this. Thanks!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~Defy Gravity~*~

From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missbaggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2531
posted      Profile for missbaggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, That's terrible. I'll certainly remember her in prayer. And I'll pray for a horse! It must mean a lot to you.
From: NI | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Parts of New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland are officially in drought.

Please pray for rain (not floods). Our farmers are just surviving on what crops and livestock they have at the moment. There are water restrictions in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane areas right now, but the bush desperately needs rainfall.

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just have a bunch of stuff on my mind and I need to clear it a bit.

The headline on today's Seattle Times reads "Boeing is slipping to No. 2." They just closed seven buildings in Everett, including the one my uncle worked in. They said they were just going to relocate the people, but we have yet to hear from him.

My father says that they are laying off a third of the engineers that he works with. A lot of the jobs are being relocated to Texas. Once again we don't know who or where or what departments or when. They're sending people there to work on that big defense contract that Boeing is splitting with Lockheed.

My parents are putting in new garage doors (quieter ones) and mom told dad to let her know if they were going to have to move before they spent $2000 on garage doors. She doesn't think they'll have to move, nor does she want to. Apparently when mom was pregnant there was a chance that they were going to have to move to Iran or Iraq (mom couldn't remember which) because of something that was going on in the company. She just hopes the Facilities dept holds together there in Seattle until my father retires.

Do they know what they do to people when all this stuff happens? I'd still stay in Washington to finish college, but I can only imagine the ways things will change. Anyway, I just needed to vent.

You are all in my thoughts and in my heart.

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

posted      Profile for Linarien   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I please, please ask you all to pray for my Grandmother, my mom, and her sisters...

We're going through a very difficult time right now, especially my poor dear old grandmother--who's just so torn and so emotionally upset...I would just please ask you to pray for her. She has a choice to make, that is harder to make than any other in the world...

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lin: I already told you I'd pray, but I will say it again:

I will pray for you and all your family.

Ari: I'll pray that your family won't have to move, moving stinks!

[ 11-28-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Elessar ]

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexius.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2612

posted      Profile for Alexius.   Email Alexius.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ive read an interesting article in the Washington Post Health section that patients in the hospital who have been prayed for by relatives, without prior knowledge of them praying have statistically recovered much better than those who have not been prayed for. This is quite interesting.

Is this a form of trans-cerebral communication that we tap into during deep emotional states?, that we have not yet mastered, or are unaware of?

or maybe God/Allah/Vishnu/ listening to your prayers;07

[ 11-28-2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Sarumanis atart ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"...that to serve God satisfies the heart, and that only in the service of God and of his kingdom do we realize ourselves in accordance with the divine plan, and life becomes a hymn of glory to the Most Holy Trinity"

- Pope John Paul II

Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

quote:
Iv'e restarted the thread, and now it will be used only for the original purpose.
Please Mr Isatart, respect our beliefs.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexius.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2612

posted      Profile for Alexius.   Email Alexius.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i wasnt trying to flame...
just amazed.

[ 11-28-2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Sarumanis atart ]

Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

posted      Profile for Linarien   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you El, I really appreciate it []
From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

LOL, very nice edit for political correctness! LOL!

Well then, please respect GtW's wish for his thread. Keep to to requests only.

Sir Thomas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2565

posted      Profile for Sir Thomas   Email Sir Thomas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my grandmother. Her health his been deminishing alot over the last two years. Lately it has been so rapid that she doesn't have much of a chance to ever have a normal life again. We exspect she will die soon and there is nothing medical that can be done for her. I beleive if God decided to heal her He could but that is not what it looks like He is going to do. I just ask that you would pray for her not to be in any pain while she still has to remain here before she can go home to heaven.
From: I don't live here, I am just an ambassador | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kaladir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2695

posted      Profile for Kaladir   Email Kaladir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
keeping everyone in my thoughts and wishes.

Could everyone please pray for my 85 year old grandma who is going into hospital on thurs for an operation. Thanks

From: Glasgow | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone's online now, I have a request. Right now I am going through the worst cold I have ever had. I cant breath through my nose unless I'm walking around. I'm short of breath when I breath through my mouth. I've been up for seventeen hours and I'm really really tired. I've got something to go to in the morning, so sleep would be nice...

If you're online now (or sometime tonight/this morning) would you please pray that my sinuses clear up?

If you see this tomorrow, could you pray that I'm well enough to go go choir?

I know this is a very small thing, but...

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kaladir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2695

posted      Profile for Kaladir   Email Kaladir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Neytari, hope that you got some sleep and are feeling better. My Grandma is alright after her op, so thank you all for your prayers! She has another two to go in January.
From: Glasgow | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimilkhad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2746

posted      Profile for Gimilkhad   Author's Homepage   Email Gimilkhad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a major request for prayer. A couple of days ago a friend of mine was in a mojor car wreck. She lived, but she is has been in a coma since Monday. They are pretty sure that there is brain damage, though they are not sure to what extent it is. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm praying!

Well, God healed my sinuses and taught me a lesson about listening to my mom. Before she went to be she told me I should sniff some warm salt water. I thought "Wont sniffing just make it worse?" so I didnt do it. Well, about a half hour after getting off the computer I got desperate and did it. Guess what? It worked.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends had been diagnosed with Pleuresy, but they ran some tests and have now decided they don't think that's it. I'd appreciate if you'd pray that it's not anything serious. Thank you, and I'm praying for everyone.
Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You are all in my heart and I hope all turns out well!

My dear friend Amy had a brain anurism on Wednesday night and basically dropped dead when it burst that day. Her father insisted that she be kept alive on life support until today when her mother could return from Africa (her parents are divorced). She was 22 years old and had a one year old son. He had been born prematurely but if he had been carried to term, this would have been his first birthday. I ask that you all keep Sterling (her son) and his father in your thoughts. We are all struggling a bit with the idea of what happened.

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eulalia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2417

posted      Profile for Eulalia   Author's Homepage   Email Eulalia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arianna- A brain anurism, like an arterial veinus malformation? I had one of those when I was eight. I'll definitely pray for your friend and her family.

My Grandma died almost a month ago. My mom sometimes has a hard time with . . . some things, because of various events that happened during my Grandma's lifetime, and close to or after her death. Please pray that God would give my mom peace about everthing, and for her to just rest in Him. Thanks.

From: kansas city, mo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
<BUMP>
From: Northern NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Precocious Auburn Hobbit
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2325

posted      Profile for Precocious Auburn Hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Precocious Auburn Hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend's mother is seriously ill. She was placed in the hospital about five days ago with very low potassium-they expected to give her a drip and send her home within a day or two.
However, her condition never improved enough for them to send her home.
This morning, she had a seizure-the cause is still unknown-and was placed in ICU.
She has been in poor health the past few years, with breathing problems and a pretty serious heart condition, and this year has been a bad year for her.
I have no doubt that she will make it through this-she is a very strong woman, and has pulled through more than most people ever will-but I still ask that everyone keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks and love,
PAH

[EDIT] My friend's mom passed away between 5:30 and 7:00 this afternoon. No details...she wasn't exactly up to explaining things when she called. Pray for her.

[ 04-20-2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Precocious Auburn Hobbit ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~Defy Gravity~*~

From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor theWhiteLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1409

posted      Profile for theWhiteLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
PAH: Oh dear, my thoughts and prayers go out to that family, as well as to you and other friends, in this most difficult time.
From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trojen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3010

posted      Profile for Trojen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be praying for all of you!
Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday evening, an acquaintance of mine who was a graduate of my high School in the year 2000, and the son of my elementary teacher, was in a car crash and died. He was driving along one of our back roads which doesn't have any shoulder, his car caught the stones on the side of the road and that threw his car for a spin. He tried to gain controll of his car, leaving skid marks all along the stretch of road, but was unsuccessful. His car smashed into a telephone poll out and taking it down. He died.
So could y'all pray for the Manchester family? Thanks you guys.

From: Northern NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help