Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 3)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could you guys put my dad on your prayer lists? He's a school psychologist, and lost his job two years ago, and ever since has been suffering from severe depression. It's really hard on my whole family, because our financial situation just continues to decline, and although he's trying really hard to find a job, it just seems like nothing's going to materialize.

Please put my dad in your thoughts, sometimes I get worried that the depression is going to push him over the edge, and he'll do something drastic...

PM me if you want to talk...

~Théodwyn of Rohan

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin
http://www.shonjir.net

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. I sincerely hope your father recovers from his distress and finds a way to support your family. You and he will be in my prayers.

Edit: I also have a prayer request.
There is a guy I recently met named Jason who got in some trouble. Pray he doesn't commit suicide..

[ 09-12-2002, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Roland ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
~Tolkien

From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you know that my mother has a series of accidents and illnesses since last November. She has now had another fall. She is injured, shocked, and depressed.

Your Wiccan ally asks you for your prayers for her please.

Blessed be.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

posted      Profile for Linarien   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Surely SSA!! I will definitely keep her in my prayers []
From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*

Thanks, Linny.

I keep all the prayer requests in my thoughts too. It's very comforting to know that other people care, and share.

Adams
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1809

posted      Profile for Adams   Email Adams   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Likewise, SSA, I shall keep her in my prayers, too. Best wishes!
From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

posted      Profile for Linarien   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs back*

no prob babe!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will keep you all in my heart and in my thoughts.

I have a request to add for myself. Two months ago I began having difficulty sleeping, though I did not know why, and a month ago I was finding it impossible for me to sit through my summer classes without severe pain. Eventually, it got to the point where I could not stand up after sitting for less than an hour. Since then I have gone to a doctor, who x-rayed my back and discovered that, in addition to mild scoliosis, I have damage around a disc in my lower back. I begin physical therapy monday. Hopefully that will help, if not I have been told that I will eventually require surgery and I'm scared.

I hope that everything works out for those who have already posted here, and I hope that it helps to know that there are many many people who care about them. If anyone ever needs to talk, PM me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~ No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. ~*~

It felt good though, didn't it? The trick is to get in fast, and leave even faster! ~ Singollo

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay guys, Iv'e changed it so that now the requests will just be posted in the thread, and that's where they will be seen. Easier than keeping the first updated.

Will still be praying for all you guys []

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kindness, and to let you know that my father just started a new job today! He is happy and smiling for the first time in almost two years.

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement.

~Théodwyn

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

posted      Profile for GreyLady   Author's Homepage   Email GreyLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I'm glad things are going better for your dad.

GL

From: The Dark Hall of Fui, or Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Théodwyn : I am so delighted for your dad, and you, and your whole family.

*hugs everyone, with real love*

Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely wonderful Theodwyn! God always provides! []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

*sigh* ok, well, here's the story:

There's this girl at school, whose locker was right next to mine last year, so I got to know her a little. She's a really nice girl, but she hangs out with the wrong crowds, and I KNOW she has more potential than that...I wont go into specifics, but you get the picture. She was always telling me about how she had these boy friends that are like 4-5 years older than her. I always shook my head because I KNEW *why* her boyfriends were always that age...because they just wanted to get it on... Well, last friday, the whole school was murmuring with rumors that she was pregnant--and that her mom was making her get an abortion. I heard this at the end of the day, so I didnt get a chance to talk to her.

Today after one of our classes, I pulled her aside in the hall and talked to her. My main concern was the baby--abortion to me is flat down murder. You are killing a helpless, innocent baby. Well anyways, she always trusted me, so she talked to me about it, with tears running down her cheeks. She had been raped. She got an abortion last Thursday. She was going to have a court hearing in a few weeks to get the guy in jail. I was speechless, and my throat felt all dry. So I just gave her a hug and told her if she needed anything, I was here.

I would like all of you to please pray for her, and especially for the lost baby.

Sir Thomas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2565

posted      Profile for Sir Thomas   Email Sir Thomas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pray for my brother because he has had a extremely rough ten years and he really needs our prayer
From: I don't live here, I am just an ambassador | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My many good wishes to all those suffering, and their friends and relatives.

I would like to add a request for Arra's family. As you all know, today is her birthday, and it must be terribly difficult for them. Please give a thought to them tonight.

Thank you all, and Peace be with you.
Rupert

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missbaggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2531
posted      Profile for missbaggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. You just don't seem to realise what's going on around you do you? It's great to have something like this. I will always remeber all of you in my prayers. Prayer is so amazing! It makes me jump for joy.
I was going to write something and then I wasn't , Now I feel I should. Bear with me here.
My dad ran away from home when I was 4. I never really remember him before that - he used to shout at me al ot, and now I see him as very depressed back then. For ten years afeter that, the courts and social workers pleged us, and lastJuly we had to leave our home in the country. we live in the town now. Ok, here's th e thing - ever since last Christmas I've gotten really depressed. You know it was Christmas, and my first christmas away from the community I loved. Also my sister had been ill for 2 years now, and was in hospital. Dad decided he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, and I've tried so hard to get him to talk to me but he won't. I praise God though that I don't hate him. basically what i'm trying to say here is that, please please pray that God will give me the strength to control myself and I won't do anything stupid. It was so hard to say that, but I'm glad I did...thanks. And sorry.

And if anyone wants to talk like anytime I'm ALWAYS here. I love to listen. I would be overjoyed. Some of your stories have really touched me - see how God can work through tradgedy? What an awesome God! love you all.

From: NI | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

Wow, MissBaggins, sounds like you're going through some tough times! *hugs* I will certainly pray for you.
Daenar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2604
posted      Profile for Daenar   Author's Homepage   Email Daenar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. How many Christians are on this forum?
From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
According to a recent poll asking if Jesus is the messiah, at least 1/3 of the citizens.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daenar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2604
posted      Profile for Daenar   Author's Homepage   Email Daenar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to vote "YES" on that poll when I find it...
From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missbaggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2531
Thanks Linarien *big hug back* thanks a lot. But I'm sorry if I seemed so self obessed! I went of and thought 'oh no!' You see, I forgot to say please pray for my father, and my family that they'll be loving and forgiving and not bitter.
From: NI | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missbaggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2531
Oh and I also forgot to say Linarien, about that girl. I sent you a PM about her but I don't think you got it - it was just to say I'm praying for her constantly, and I hope she and everything else is OK. And you!!
Mormegil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2296

posted      Profile for Mormegil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have another prayer request. My grandmother has lost the will to live and is dying. My whole family is taking this pretty hard, especially my dad. Please keep her and my family in your prayers.

[ 09-30-2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Eruannë of Alqualondë ]

From: Nargothrond | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carnefiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2211

posted      Profile for Carnefiniel   Email Carnefiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This one my sound silly but its really serious to me. See I've been riding horses for about 4 years now and I really want/need a horse and I've been looking at some really great ones. The only problem is the money and my parents. I don't REALLY think that they totally understand why I want/need a horse soo bad. I you guys could just pray that everything works out for the best, in God's time. Thanks []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
One of the best feelings in the world, can only be found on horseback, ~Faith

From: The Shire (I'm A Hobbit) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help