Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 2)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] My best friends (an MT'er) father is going to heart surgery... on 20, please give him time in your prayes, I know I will.

[] I will also include you all and your friends and family who need help in my prayes, all good wishes to them and you.

[ 08-15-2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adams
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1809

posted      Profile for Adams   Email Adams   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf, I hope you will forgive a slight diversion from the designated purpose of this thread to make one public compliment.

I simply wanted to commend both Uncle Rupert and SSA for their willingness to request, and offer, prayers for the good of others, regardless of whether they are Christian or not. SSA, though I count myself as a Christian, I would welcome anyone's prayers on another's behalf.

Our world needs all the prayers and well-wishes it can get. Whether one shares the same religious beliefs as the 'pray'-er or not, I believe that fostering positive thoughts and prayers, on behalf of our fellow brothers and sisters of the human race, can only be pleasing to any God we all believe in.

I realize that some (such as some fundamentalist Christians) may reject other faith's prayers as 'Satanically-inspired', or a 'misguided' waste of time. I do not share those views--but instead, agree with the simple wisdom of C.S. Lewis, who said something to the effect (which I have quoted before here at MT in religion threads) that often when we pray, it does not change God, but it changes ourselves.

Again, sorry for the tangent, Gandalf, and thanks again, Uncle and SSA, for class acts.

[ 08-15-2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Adams ]

From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is deeply touched and honoured*
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Linarien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2073

posted      Profile for Linarien   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Adams, very well said.

I will pray for all these new requests [] God Bless

-Linny

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's people like you wot cause unrest!

[]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kindly delete your post Sir Olorin.

I am not at my own computer right now, and I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll update the list as soon as I can.

[]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your prayers for my friend. She is a most excellent person and suffers greatly. I'm sure your prayers and good feelings will be very helpful.

Greylady, Robyn now suffers the results of childhood fevers. Sometimes, when a fever gets too great, it damages portions of the brain. Later in life it causes severe, blinding headaches.

I would like to add my well wishes to all those who have offered their's. I believe that such threads are very helpful, and the good intentions within reflect well on those involved.

And thank you, Nephew! As always, you manage to look past differences and bring the diverse together. You and GTW are doing a very good thing, and I support it, and am grateful.

Thanks again!
Rupert

[ 08-15-2002, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Mad Uncle Rupert ]

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, not you, SSA. GtW, I am not removing my post. Get a sense of humour, will you? It is a quote from Monty Python.

[ 08-15-2002, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maia Olorin, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to get a sense of the concept of prudence.

quote:
In this fallen world we have as our only guides, prudence, wisdom (rare in youth, too late in age), a clean, heart, and fidelity of will.....
That quote is from Tolkien

[ 08-15-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Fingolfin of the Noldor ]

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your prayers. Just an update: My audition went fairly well, but now the waiting. Not fun. They said it would be four weeks. FOUR WEEKS. So, please pray that I may have patience and trust in God's will.

Your sister in Christ

Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maia Olorin, In that case, Allow me to direct you to this thread. I'm sure your quote will be quite welcome there.

Edit: Thank you for your encouragement MUR, It is much appreciated []

Edit: I have updated the first page.

[ 08-15-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
National Alert: Girl missing, parents killed.

Pray for her safety.

From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your Wiccan associate is on to it.

edit: and praying that there is a happier outcome than this UK case . Please pray for the girls' families.

edit 2: here. There is more about the UK case

[ 08-17-2002, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eulalia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2417

posted      Profile for Eulalia   Author's Homepage   Email Eulalia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please contiue to pray for my mom; she's home from the hospital, but she's kinda in pain.

GDoE - You're from Kansas City? Me too!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
You dream of colors that have never been made
You imagine songs that have never been played
They will try to buy you and your mind
Only the curious have something to find
--Nickel Creek, This Side

From: kansas city, mo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manveri
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1806

posted      Profile for Manveri   Author's Homepage   Email Manveri   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My father needs prayers, please.
He`ll do a heart surgery.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Yet my heart loves December`s smile /As much as July`s golden beam;/ Then let us sit and watch the while/ The blue ice curdling on the stream"
(Emily Jane Brontë)
~Newt chicks kick ass~

From: Brazil, São Paulo City | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my family, and the family of a close friend of the family. My great aunt died, and one of our close friends died within the past two weeks.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

posted      Profile for GreyLady   Author's Homepage   Email GreyLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is more of a praise report/encouragement note, so I hope I'm not out of line.

I have been diagnosed with a very serious heart condition. In fact, my first cardiologist wanted me to have surgery. However, he died from a massive heart attack (yeah, go figure) and I never had the surgery because I didn't want it and frankly I figured I would be better off dead as bad as my life was going. The replacement cardiologist told me that there was basically nothing wrong with me, so I was very confused. When I went back to see him I looked in my records and was even more confused. The records said there were things wrong with me, but the replacement seemed to be downplaying them. So, I went to the pastor of my church and asked for the congregation to pray for me. One Sunday morning I stood up in front of the congregation and my mom, an aunt and my grandma, and a few other ladies, came up and laid hands on me while the preacher put his hands on my head and everybody prayed. Since then, I have started seeing another cardiologist, actually a cardiologist group, and they report that not only do I apparently not have what I was first diagnosed with, but that I get a little better everytime I go to see them. I praise the Lord for this. I know that while doctors are usually well-meaning and medicine has come a long way, it is still God who heals, be it through medicine or His own touch. I hope this has been an encouragement to someone. And if anyone would like to talk with me further about this, please feel free to send me a PM.

GreyLady

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sorrow is a woman
http://www.alqualonde.com

From: The Dark Hall of Fui, or Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for you GreyLady.

If ppl could please take the time to pray for my aunt as she has SERIOUS alergies that often prevent her from eating ANYTHING and not even being able to drink purified water, that would be much appreciated. If she eats something she's allergic to, she can't even take medicine to stop the reaction, as she will react to that as well.
Thanks guys so much.

The Very Wish To Pray May Be A Prayer In Itself.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another update! Good news. Not an entire four weeks! Thank you so much for your prayers. I did make the team!! [] It will be an amazing ministry to participate in, I can already tell God's working through the program. Again...thank you very much for your continued prayers!
Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

I'd like you all to pray for my family. We are going through tough times with my sister.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Hey guys, I don't really have time to keep the first post updated anymore, so either someone else can take over control of the thread, or we can just leave it as is and we can just post requests here in the thread for people to see.

If we decide to just keep this thread, rather than have someone take over, I will take all of those out of the first post, so that there aren't some in the first post and some not.

[ 09-11-2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone, I'm not a Christian, but so much I read on this thread saddened me, that I wanted to stop by and let everyone know that they are in my thoughts and in my heart.

I sincerly hope for the best for all of you.

Hope and love,

~Théodwyn of Rohan
ps. I hope it's alright to post this, and I'm not butting in...

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

I say we just have the requests posted.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Theodwyn, Anyone is free to post in this thread, so long as they are not causing trouble in it.
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new, but I'm not a trouble maker. [] I promise. Ask Grey Lady, she'll vouch for me. []
From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help