Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 19)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Alexius.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2612

posted      Profile for Alexius.   Email Alexius.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, any reason why you are quoting that particular passage from St. Matthew, Snowdog?
Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus's words about prayer.
A bit different from Paul's interpretation of Jesus's words about prayer.

Hope the interview goes well Al! []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Let us know how it goes, Alexius - []

Mr. Snowy, when I read Jesus' words about public prayer, I choose to believe he is addressing the heart motive of those who choose to do so. If we are doing it to try to "appear spiritual" we can be assured that the Lord will not hear. I don't think Jesus was discouraging anyone from praying wherever they were.

Also, one of the possible translations of the term, "closet" is, "secret place." Our "secret place" for prayer can be beneath a prayer shawl, also known as our personal "tent." That's one of the reasons the Jewish people wear the shawl. [] If anyone is interested, do a study of "secret Place" and also "tent", "tabernacle" and "veil." I loved it when I found out that the most likely translation of "Tabitha" in the New Testament is, "talitha" - She who customarily wears the veil, the "talit". []

The Apostle Paul doesn't say to blow a trumpet about the fact that we are praying without ceasing. He just says, do it. Under your breath or out loud, let every word, every action, every thought, every motive be captive to our Lord Jesus Christ. Anyway, that's how I read it. I pray I am not being judged for being open about my faith. I pray no one takes offense.

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 19)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help