Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 18)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll pray, Dis.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your prayers. My mother did not suffer very much. She has died today (around noon). At night she couldn't sleep, but she said she did not feel any pain. Only at 5.00 a.m. she asked a pain-killer and I gave her. Everything was very quick. Over Christmas she was in hospital, but she could walk and was in a very good spirit. Then she became weaker and weaker an the cancer process was very advanced.

She didn't diagnose before. She didn't like doctors, but she seemed in a very good health. She was 74, but looked much younger.

From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1019

posted      Profile for Arda   Author's Homepage   Email Arda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry, Dis. My thoughts for you and your family in this mournful period.
From: Madrid - SPAIN | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My heartfelt condolences Dís. It's a blessing that you were by her side during her final days.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that, Dis. But good that she didn't suffer much.
I'll pray for you and your family ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your condolences. The funeral will be on Thursday.
From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow I'm auditioning for the conservatory I've been following a pre-school educational programme on this last year. It's not the school of my first choice, as it's mostly jazz and although I like jazz, I'm more of a pop/rock girl - and I believe that creativity, for which isn't much room at this particular conservatory, is the core of being a good musician []
Still, I'd very much like to be accepted to any school, because the chances of getting into one are so small - to each school 5/8 students are accepted out of around 150 applications. [] I've applied for four schools (three pop schools and one jazz school) and so far I've got two auditions, so [] I'm very scared and nervous!!
Please keep your fingers crossed! [] I'll need it!

[ 05-24-2009, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Indil ]

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll pray! Those are important auditions!
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wel, too bad, I didn't get accepted. []
2nd of June is my next, and this one's for a school I really want to go to, so []

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

Well, tomorrow's the big day (I messed the dates up, it wasn't june 2nd but june 3rd).

Today I got the reply letter from my preferred (pop) school: they didn't invite me over to audition, saying that with all the time and effort I've already put in it, it's now time to begin thinking of other things I can do with my life. []
I've not been accepted to the jazz school and haven't heard from the last pop school yet, but I don't have high hopes for that one. It seems that tomorrow is my last chance for this year - [] I'm so scared, what to do if I don't get in?

I've already thought about it and I can't do anything else with my life. [] .

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't pray for you as I don't believe, but good luck, Indil!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

Thanks. I'm not religious myself either, but like a good artist I'm very supersticious when it comes to auditions, so everyone who thinks of me/keeps their fingers crossed/prays - Thankee.

I'm leaving for the audition right now - []
*Might die of nerves [] *

E: Back and through this round! [] I'm found to be "acceptable", which is the best I could do, today. The people who're "not acceptable" are out, now they'll decide who gets to go to school for real. My chances are now one in four, one in three to get in. I'll get the results next wednesday. []

[ 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Indil ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother passed away this morning. She was 91 years old and ready to go, but it's still hard on me and my family, especially my mother, who is taking it really hard. So can you put her and her sisters in your thoughts/prayers?
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll pray for her and you and your family *hugs*
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences, Am. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kind thoughts and prayers are deeply appreciated for my new endeavor. I have heard from many people how much this service is needed. Please support this project in every way you see fit. Here is the link:

A Gentle Answer

Thanks for your support! []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

thanks for your support, Mr. Snowy! [] []

[ 03-05-2017, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: faithfull ]

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
thanks for your support, Mr. Snowy! [] []
I knew it would only be a matter of time before you dropped your knickers. So, what the actual fvck are you on about? [] [] []

Edit: Ah, I see... you're using the 'Prayer Request' thread for your 'go fund me' campaign. Well, I like what you are trying to do in a way, but I sure as scheisse won't support you after that.

Edit again: It isn't really a 'prayer request', but a $$$ request. Onya.

[ 03-05-2017, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I suppose the site does say that a valid way to help is to pray, so I guess I'll let this one sneak in under the radar.

But I wouldn't push it and post this link all over the place... []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Thank you, WGW -

And, Mr. Snowy and anyone else - You can "support" the campaign without contributing a dime, by selecting the "support" option.

I have two other lovely people registered for this workshop who, like myself, are contributing as much as they are able, but they cannot bear the whole cost. The trainers deserve to be paid, so donations help them, too, by making the workshop possible. [] Thanks for your prayers, keep them up! [] We have positions available to register for. This workshop will be held in Tacoma, WA. My hope is to be training internationally by next year, as a trainer, my own self. []

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

So, the bad news is that my emails are going to spam folders instead of being in-boxed to recipients. [] This makes the standard email fundraiser problematic. []

The good news is that I am not giving up and I will postpone the workshop, if needed (though I'd rather not).

[] Please continue to pray for the success of this valuable workshop in Tacoma, WA!

[] Please pray for the success of the fund raising campaign, so that all of us who wish to be trained will be able to do so. I cannot do it alone.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

-Led Zeppelin

It will succeed or fail on its own. Prayer will only make the praying one take credit by saying their prayers were answered should it succeed, or absolves the praying one of any guilt should it fail, saying 'it wasn't the Lords will'.

Then it could also be looked at that since most of your emails have gone to spam boxes, that the Lord didn't want your fundraiser to get to the people you sent them to.

Hope you get what you want, but it sounds like you may need to pursue a different funding stream.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Well, thankfully I found out about the email glitch prior to sending out a massive email campaign. I'm still looking for the work around for that. []
I don't agree that prayer doesn't do any good. I believe that our thoughts and prayers have weight in the multi-verse. Physics says that for every action, there is a reaction. When I think and/or pray, my brain uses calories. Therefore, the energy is expended out into creation. We are exhorted in the scriptures to pray. I would be remiss to neglect it. []

Thank you for your kind wishes toward me. Many people are in favor of this project, and I hope to gain tools to resolve many conflicts and touch lives for good. []

Alexius.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2612

posted      Profile for Alexius.   Email Alexius.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a job interview this Wednesday, would appreciate some prayers if possible!
Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. (Matthew 6:5–8)
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 18)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help