Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 17)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My friend in Kent, who I visited after the August Party last year, just sent me a text message to ask me to pray for her husband who has had a bad stroke.
He's at the hospital and they are hoping they can operate to save his life.

Please join us in praying.

[ 04-12-2008, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Your friend and her husband are in my thoughts, Varna.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Latest news:
They have operated, but they cannot guarantee anything.
They will try and wake him up tomorrow.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any news, Varna?
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I haven't heard since this morning. They were going to reduce the sedation and see what happened. There had been no change overnight.

I guess there has been no major change one way or another, since I haven't heard.

Edit 1:
Latest news tonight: He's still on ventilator but is making some responses. Still in the balance.

Edit 2:
New message this morning: The hospital says he's been ok overnight, which is good news in itself.

[ 04-14-2008, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like no one has had good things happening to them or around them. Arth & I have been in a daze all day today because we just found out some horrible things have happened to some of our best friends.
Otis (whom we call Otie) is a truck driver, and he has one of my rescued dogs, Riley. His wife, Sandy had Maggie, a 17 year old Dachshund mix that recenly passed away, and Bree, THE most perfect Schnauzer in the entire world. They don't have a lot of money, and have 3 or 4 grown boys who are all divorced or out of relationships and ALL have 2 or 3 kids of their own and everyone is in some process of moving back home with Otis & Sandy. They take PRIMO care of their pets, so I wasn't worried when I released Ri to Otie. (Did I mention they live in a small trailer?) Poor Sandy has been an emotional wreck for a while, but was getting a bit better because she & Otis are going on a tropical cruise at the end of May.

Well, when Otie is on the road he'll call about once a week, usually on Saturday, to talk to Arth, aggrivate me and check in to see how things are. Otie & Sandy may not have much, but if they hear about anyone in any sort of trouble, even if they don't know that person, the first question they ask is "What can we do? What does that person need?" That's just the kind of people they are! Sandy's just like me, she'll take in (almost) any stray animal that she hears of or finds, so we really "clicked" when we met.

Well, Otie didn't call Saturday (April 12), but Arth & I were out of town so we really didn't notice, or worry. This morning at 8:00 AM my home phone rang, it was Otie. Strange, but not out of character. He sounded Ok, but not himself. We laughed for a minute about this and that, then he told me the first of the horrible news: Last Monday Bree somehow got out of the house (still can't figure out how) and was run voer & killed right in front of their home [] . My sweet, sweet baby Bree is gone. EVERYONe on their street is either related to them some way, or is close enough to be family; and EVERYONE knows Bree & knows she's NEVER outside & what house she belongs to! Who could've done something so henious, so sinister, so callous? I told Sandy today that h*ll isn't good enough for someone like that! She's been put on so many meds right now that she's numb and doesn't really have any emotions, but she did have to feel on that Monday (the 7th) because she wasn't on them yet.

THEN to top that story, Otie tells me, "But I did almost the same thing that exact day at almost the same time.....but it was worse." His voice got shakey and Iw as confused and worried because Otie is normally a very jolly man. I was picking my words very carefully, so I asked him "Well.....do you want to talk about it?" With fear in my voice, I'm sure.
It seems he was driving in St. Louis MO. on Monday morning when he spied someone in a small car on the far right shoulder of the road. There was no one in front of Otie, and another truck behind himd with some otehr cars.....and thankfully a traffic camera that caught everything on tape. As I said, Otie was in the right hand lane, closest to the stopped car on the right shoulder of the road. Since he was in front of the traffic he moved 2 lanes to his far left lane and was watching the man standing at the car. The hood of the car was not up, so Otie thought that maybe the man has just stopped, or his car was out of gas. He then sees the man running AT him, looking Otie IN THE EYE the entire time. Otie was breaking, but the man didn't care, he kept coming right at the truck.....BAM. Otie hit the man! [] He says that pretty much everything was just a blur after that, but from what he remembers in the ambulance (he was treated for shock) he heard the police calls, they were asking for that man saying he was wanted in court that morning for several different charges. Otie said that the police, state troopers, his trucking company several doctors and nurses, the county cornorer and numerous others have called him just about every hour on the hour to check on him. Everyone has said the same thing, that it wasn't his fault. The police found a suicide note that the guy ahd left in his car. I told Otie that this man was so sick he was only thinking of himself, he didn't car about others and if it hadn't been him then it would've been someone else, or somwhere else and could've even taken out many other people. There is a reason that all of this happened at 10:00 AM on Monday April 7th, 2008.....we just don't know why right now. We may find out in an hour, a month, or next year; but it will become clear to everyone in time why Otis and Sandy are being tested like this.
When Sandy called Otie to tell him about Bree she was hysterical, so when the police answered Otis' phone that only made her worse until she could find out what was going on. As I said, Otis was in the hospital for a day or two, then his company put him (and Riley) up at a hotel for a few days. He was supposed to be back on the road Friday (April 11th), so he and Ri got in the truck.....and that's as far as they went that day. He said they stayed in the truck with the keys in the ignition, but he just couldn't do anything else. He finally started the truck on Saturday morning and headed to Texas where he is right now. Sandy said she'd talked to him & said Ri wasn't acting right, I told her that he was picking up on Otie's mental and physical state right now & he doesn't know how to help or what to do.

I know this has been a very long post, and I am SO sorry, but I felt I needed to un-burden myself, share my grief and shock and get some much needed prayers for Otis and Sandy right now. Also, if you could pray that we find her a Schnauzer ASAP that would be great. I've been put in charge of finding her a new dog "RIGHT NOW" because she just can't stand being in the house without a furry baby there to greet her [] . Again, I thank each and every one of you that read this and espcially those of you that pray for them.

[ 04-15-2008, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Arisimi ]

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good news about my friend's husband - he's made it through the most critical period, he's even been awake somewhat, and they say he's able to speak. They are still working on getting him off the draining, though; he's had some infections, and we don't know much about the long-term effects either. So we're still concerned ...
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's still good to hear, Varna.
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about to take my arthritic 15-year-old puppy to the vet... I fear certain words may be said. [] Please pray that I'm able to cope with them there - though, I'm obviously not coping with them now. [] And please pray that there may yet be another option that I can definitely deal with. []

[ 08-15-2008, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pray that he gets better, and the winter doesn't make it harder on his pain.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Brae, I will pray that you find comfort. No matter the out come.
From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray with me for the relationship between my son and his mother. I fear that my grandson will be the one that ultimately losses.
Please pray for me that I continue to except the things I can not change and with Gods love and endurance be a positive tool in the things that I can.

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

That's sad, Brae ... Yes, I'll pray, and pray about the second option too []

And I'll pray about your prayer requests as well, Matt.

Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
Thank you Varna. It is heavy on my heart.
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here I am again, asking for something else.
First off I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for my friend Otis & his family. It's been slow going, and yes, Otis still has times that he panics and can't function, but I think it's been everyone praying for him that has helped him make it this far.

My father, George (Tony), has been back in the hospital, this time only a little over 2 weeks. As some of you recall he had quad bypass surgery in May of 2007 and was in the hospital for 4 weeks. Then on Father's day (of this year) he was re-admitted because of the buildup of fluid around his ehart. During that visit the MD's almost shut down his kidneys trying to get the excess fluid (30 LB to be exact!) off of him. He went to a skilled care facility to help him regain his strength and get better at walking, so he was again away from home for 4 weeks. He was quite confused during both of the above mentioned visits, so you can understand my nervousness when my mother called me the day before my "Annibirthary" to tell me she had taken dad to the ER & he was (once again) being admitted because of the fluid build up.
Dad was admitted and this time the MD's actually talekd to one another (gasp!) and have done well with his medications etc... and have removed a tremendous amout of fluid without putting him into kidney failure, YEA! He has had 2 stints (sp?) put into his kidneys this time to open them up and help with fluid removal, and a heart cath was done on Friday afternoon which seemed to be successful. The MD that did the heart cath has yet to come speak to us (the family), but we've spoken to nearly everyone else and they said that nothing was done (no stints in the heart), however his mind almost immedaitely cleared and he's been very lucid since Friday night! He was a bit "loopy" today, but when he drifts off to sleep and wakes he'll say something silly, so I don't pay much attention to that. We hope that he will be released either Monday or Tuesday, then he will be going to a different skilled care facility for a few days of re-hab to help him regain his strength and walk again. He seemed a bit confused by me telling him that he & mom had talked about him going somewhere before he comes home, then he stareted asking for my mother. She called him a bit later & said he was fine, but even with 2 hearing aids he can't hear, so who knows what she said & what he heard!
I just want to ask everyone to pray that my father's mind is clear and he gets to come home strong and healthy and stay home for a long time. Please pray for my mother's health and sanity while caring for dad, her name is Judy. Please pray that my brother (Robby) and my aunts and uncles will help out and be strong, and last of all please pray for me and Arth-Gen (Brian) because the bulk of things have fallen to us, and we're scared and tired.
Thank you again to everyone who prayed for Otis, and to everyone who will be praying for my family []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I generally wallow in my own crapulence.
09/21/07/ By Thangail
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Come now, my dear. Everything on MT is supposed to be taken out of context, especially if it's in the Pony... "
2/22/05, by: Silmahtar
Hey! That fairy dust is expensive! Do you know how many fairies I have to grind up just to get a handful?

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Since my sister's dog was here for a couple weeks, I've been having a lot of trouble with allergy-induced asthma symptoms.
Being unable to breathe freely is exhausting.
Please pray my symptoms clear up, as they should now the dog's gone.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll pray for your health, Lyra.

And for your family, Arisimi.

Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
Please continue to pray for Lyra. She is still suffering horribly. Pray that this latest outburst doesn't land her in the hospital.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my brother-in-law.

He's the type to ignore minor to moderate symptoms and pains, but this morning he actually left work and asked my sister to take him to hospital.

He's having abdominal pains, and given his personality, they must be pretty severe for him to take them so seriously. He's decided to get a doctor's appointment instead of ER ~~ thankfully there was an opening for him early this afternoon. (As I post this, it's still late morning Pacific Coast time, so his appt. is about 2 hours away.)

Pray for a quick diagnosis with a known solution! His symptoms seem to be possible appendicitis or gall bladder.

*had an appendectomy on her 30th birthday*

[ 10-29-2008, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my mum... she's suffering a lot of back pain, which started on Friday morning. I'll be taking her to a medical centre today (if we can find one that's open on Sundays).
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll pray ...
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my mother. She is seriously ill and doctors do not give too much hope. The disease develops very quickly. Only 10 days ago she was able to walk, now she can hardly change the position of her body. She is to weak for any treatment. She stays at home (she was in hospital, but did not want to stay there any longer) and 24 hours care is necessary.
From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am not religious, and I don't properly know you, but I am still sending hope and thoughts and waves and hugs and everything I can towards you and your mother...

[ 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Inc'
From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Dís; I hope, whatever the resolution, that suffering to you and your mother is as slight as possible. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 17)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help