Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 11)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, DTD. I and some of my friends so need prayers right now. Bless you!
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA: you can call it prayer, good wishes od good vibrations. For me it's the same, wether it has religious connotations or not, the thing is you want to help and I thank you for that!! *hugs*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MT Beauty of the Year 2006
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you dear. So much. You have no idea how much.

It's been an unbearably emotional two days for me, and you made me cry - in a good way. I'm not used to people accepting my non-Christian prayers as being worthwhile.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to comfort you SSA!
I sometimes find difficult to explain my deep sense of religion to friends not much engaged to it... I just let them be and pray for them (or wish them well)... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA

I love you! Take care of yourself! Call me on my mobile anytime if you need to talk - I have it on except when I'm in class...

I'll be thinking of you. And doing freaky wicca prayers too. []

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Love you both, ladies.

Curu, I've mislaid your phone number. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Check your PMs. []

[] Curu's Mobile Number Amazingly Appears! []

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE: My uncle is doing fine right now and my friend and his family have finished grieving for the baby. Thank you so much for the prayers, espically for my uncle. I appreciate your "prayers" too SSA, even if you don't know who you're praying to, God hears every word said.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Then my prayers are with you and yours Sam - and thank you. []

I do have some idea of what God is, but some Christians won't accept that, so I truly appreciate your words.

Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to offend any smokers we have on here, heck, my mother is a smoker! But after going midnight bowling with friends last night, we're all sick as dogs from all the smoke [] . I was wondering if someone could please help me pray that TN gets strict like CA has gotten on smoking in public places?!?!? I know this sounds silly, but to someone like me who's allergic, it's a big thing.

P.S. It's almost 24 hours later and I still can't breathe, my eyes are burning and watering, my throat's on fire, I'm nauseaous, and my head feels like a conga band is playing in it! []

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

I cannot believe I'm posting here again so shortly! As some of you may know Hidalgo and I have a younger sister. She has been discovered breast cancer on Friday- we still don't know how is it gonna be treated, but surgery is sure and also radio and chem are most likely.
She is of course frightened (she is only 25!!) and we would appreciate some prayers (or equivalents) on her behalf...
Thanks a lot in advance!

Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you.
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is very sad to hear! [] And she is only 25? [] []

I'll be praying for her too.

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll pray for your sister, too!
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thubeldia, I'll pray for your sister.

Arismi, I'll pray for your mother, but I think here also a help from a psychologist should be necessary. There are different medicines now helping to stop smoking.

From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5083
posted      Profile for Earion   Email Earion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ill pray for your sis. And my grandmother please.
From: Gondor, the last free Kingdom of Men | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

Thanks a lot for your prayers, you are really great! []
My sister is having surgery on Tuesday 29th, she'll have the breast and some glands removed. She'll also have radio and chemo afterwards. She is somehow in great spirit, but I suppose she will have some ups and downs during the process. Let's all pray for her, and for all the others (grandma, father, uncle, etc) []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

Update!
My sister had surgery yesterday afternoon and it went pretty well. She was so calm the doctor was amazed!! The tumor does not look good, but now is out. They are still doing some specific biopsies, to determine wether it's cancer or not. So there is stil a little chance it's not which wasn't there some days ago!! She is recovering so well they may let her leave the hospital this very afternoon.

Therefore, Hidalgo and myself would like to say a very big THANKS to all of you who prayed and whished her a good surgery and recovery, because all your thoughts and good vibrations have proven really effective!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

As many of you know, my father has been suffering complications from his knee surgery for nearly a year now - infection, etc. Well, the night before last they think he suffered a mild heart attack, and he's in the hospital now.

Can you please pray for my father, and for my mother as well? This is very difficult for her to deal with on top of everything else, and in addition, she lost her father to heart trouble less than ten years ago.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

Curu! Of course I'll pray for you all!!
E: Update on my sister: the tumor is confirmed to be cancer, she will go through surgery again on Thursday to have her glands taken off.
And then she will have Chemio and Radio, we still do not know how much or for how long...
But she is OK, your prayers give her lots of support on these hard times. So please, let's pray on!

PS: Curu, any further news?

[ 04-04-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Thubeldhia ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

New update on my sister:
She had surgery again yesterday afternoon, it went quite swiftly and fast. She has slept in hospital, but is feeling pretty good. My mother is intending to keep her in hospital until tomorrow at least but if she is feeling all righ the doctor said she might be released today. We'll see...
But she is feeling good, and the recovery is being easy and quick! So thanks a lot for all your prayers and good wishes. Even if it weren't addressed to Him, God knows them and counts on them!
God bless you all.
PS: Curu, any news?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Two things..... in order of importance.

A family I know, the Casadys, are adopting a little girl, Lydia. Lydia was born with severe birthdefects, she isn't able to breathe on her own or eat on her own because of a missing lower jaw. If no one adopted her Lydia would have been allowed to die. The Casadys heard about her and stepped in. Everything was going smooth, they got permission and whatnot from Florida, but then they came to Alabama and the social worker turned out to be very obstinate. She invented some regulations for children like Lydia. Slowly but surely the Casadys were meeting her demans, adding onto their house so that Lydia could have her own room among other things. Then yesterday the Floridian authorities said that if Lydia wasn't allowed in the Casady's house in a certain amount of time (I don't know the exact time) she was going to be given to another family that had asked about adopting her. Mrs. Casady has already spent two weeks taking care of Lydia, so there is an emotional attchment to her. It would be terrible for these people to lose their newest daughter. Any prayer would greatly be appreciated.

And second: I'm taking the ACT saturday. []

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dís Thrain's Daughter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3523

posted      Profile for Dís Thrain's Daughter   Email Dís Thrain's Daughter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will pray for Lydia. It is amazing how indifferent the officials can be. They treat children as non-living things. They ignore emmotional links. They only look for regulations. they want adopted children to have separate rooms, but children in orphanages or institutions do not have separate rooms. []

[ 06-11-2005, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Dís Thrain's Daughter ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~~
"You always make the stupidest things sound sort of attractive.." (Roger Zelazny - "Sign of Chaos")

From: Kraków/Cracow (Poland) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And just to be a nuisance.......

There is the small matter of a tropical storm/hurricane that's gonna be coming through my town in a day or so.

EDIT: Thanks to anyone who prayed! God answered in time faster than I could even comprehend! Lydia is coming home today!

[ 06-10-2005, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Elessar ]

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! I'll be praying for you.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other guy die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

"We can't make you do something, but we can make you wish you had."

From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 11)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help