Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 1)
Author Topic: Prayer Requests
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay everyone, Iv'e restarted the thread, and now it will be used only for the original purpose.

Rather than updating the first post with all the requests, they will now all just be in the thread, it makes it easier on me []

[ 09-20-2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1284

posted      Profile for Raven   Email Raven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You seemed to have forgotten my pray.

Please pray for my friend who is going though a rough time with herself.

[ 08-13-2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Malgilwen ]

From: Garden State | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Precocious Auburn Hobbit
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2325

posted      Profile for Precocious Auburn Hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Precocious Auburn Hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I have two-

My church recently lost both its youth minister and pastor of almost 13 years. We are now looking to replace both of them *not to mention their wives, who were a great help to the church*, and your prayers concerning this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it was discovered about two days ago that a resident of my town has been infected with West Nile virus. This is a rather scary thing to me, and I ask for your prayers on it also-for the community's safety, as well as my peace of mind.

Thank you!!

*Gandalf-just let me say that I think this is a wonderful idea, and I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the previous thread...*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~Defy Gravity~*~

From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As many of you know, I am greatly into theatre. I would love prayers for an audition I have tomorrow for the IMPACT drama team here in Kansas City. It's the team for a ministry here in town called YouthFront. This might give you a feel for it. I don't usually get nervous, but I would appriciate prayers for this anyway.
Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvengirl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1757

posted      Profile for Elvengirl   Author's Homepage   Email Elvengirl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My friend is having knee surgery Wednesday.I'm sure she would appreciate prayers.

PAH,that's aweful how someone in your community has the WNV.our area was searched and alot of birds are infected and a horse has it too.

Anyway back to the subject,I'm sure my friend would appreciate your prayers

From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Man, does my family need prayer...(only the last part needs to go on the list though)

My grandmother has alzheimers. Some here may remember my telling how she fell and broke her hip in april and had to go to the hospital. Well, since then she's come home and had to go back (to a different and horrible hospital) again. She just got home for the second time yesterday and our family (my mom and siblings, one aunt and her kids, and another aunt and her husband) has been spending the last two days (and parts of today) going back and forth from our own homes and the grandparents' house cleaning ect (grandma used to be the one to do all the housework, and grandpa dosnt really know how). It is extremly stressfull for everyone, but grandpa and my mom most of all cause we live on the next street from them while everyone else lives 20 minutes away.

And grandma isnt doing good at all. This whole thing has made her alzheimers worse. She dosnt remember who anyone but grandpa is (and I dont think that is all the time). She calls mom "sister" (her real sister is dead and she dosnt remember it) and gets angry when they ask/tell her to lift her feet so they can push her chair, or to eat or something. We have to go over there every day and it is really really depressing. Also, grandpa is very sad cause one of his daughters wont even come from Vegas (where she lives) to visit. She's coming at the end of the month, but it's for botox or something like that; not to visit grandma and grandpa (though she probably will, it hurts grandpa that her reason for coming is cosmetic surgery).

So, if you could just pray that God will lift grandpa's spirits, and that He will continue to lift Mom's. And that grandma wont have to go to the hospital again and that her alzheimers lets up some now that she's home.

Sorry I've been so long-winded...

[ 08-12-2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marigold Took the Questor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1941

posted      Profile for Marigold Took the Questor   Author's Homepage   Email Marigold Took the Questor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Clears throat* I have a friend that's a muslim, her whole family is. I would sincerely appriciate if everyone prayed for her and her family. Her name is Camli.

God Bless!

From: Not Alabama! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Neyatari: I will keep you're Grandmother and family in my prayers.

Galadriel: I will keep you're friend in my prayers.

From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, I was thinking of The Lady Galadriel.
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
oooooo...gotcha...sorry. *curtsies and deletes her post.*
Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

posted      Profile for GreyLady   Author's Homepage   Email GreyLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For those of us who are newbies, could you please repost the rules? Thanks.

GreyLady

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sorrow is a woman
http://www.alqualonde.com

From: The Dark Hall of Fui, or Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1755

posted      Profile for Tinwë   Email Tinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother is having a hard time with her legs. She can hardly walk, and she refuses to go back to the doctor. My grandfather just had surgery not too long ago, so he can't take her, and when me or my mother offeres to take her she tells us that she isn't our responsibility, and refuses to go. She has to hold onto something wherever she goes, and she can barely stand up by herself.

My grandfather, because he just had surgery not too long ago, and he thinks that he might have to have another one, because the pain is coming back.

My friends dad has stage three thyroid cancer. He has to take a new type of radiation , and he has to be in isolation for a long time. His dad was exposed to this radioactive stuff in a war that he was in, that's what caused his cancer, he was in isolation for 3 months, pray that this doesn't happen to my friend's dad.

Also, pray for my hand, it hurts really really bad, and I don't know why. As far as I know, it's not carpal tunnel. I might go to the doctor, but I don't know. It hurts to type, so it's going to be very hard when I start school, because it's going to be nearly impossible to write down notes.

And pray for me when I start college! *eek* So far, for sure I know I'm taking Medical Terminology, Computer Concepts, and French. I was accepted into the Health Science division of this college, but the teacher suddenly resigned for personal problems, so the class has been delayed until January.

~Tinwë []

[ 08-13-2002, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Tinwë ]

From: Lost and alone... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, see now I know why I came to the PP first today... []

Thank you, Gandalf the White. This is a much-needed thread. []

My sister's family has broken away from her husband's relatives, due to a threat on their lives. This was more than two years ago. It was her husband's father and brother who threatened to hurt them; and so my sister and her family had to move and cut off all ties with them.

We are still in contact with my sister (thank goodness), but we have friends who remain in contact with my brother-in-law's family. They know of the situation and have kept quiet on the matter. And we had not heard anything from my brother-in-law's family for more than 8 months.

However, just this afternoon as I came home from work, I was dismayed to learn that my brother-in-law's mother had sent a letter for my mum to our old church. The words in it were obviously trying to pull at my mum's heart strings, and they were also hurtful towards her.

There is a chance that I may receive a letter from his mother. There is also a chance we may receive a letter from my brother-in-law's sister's young child, who through the past two years has probably heard some very crude and untruthful things about my family and my sister's family.

My biggest worry at this time, is that because I wish to self-publish my novel within the next few months, I may come out in the public eye. I hope they do not notice me, or at least my name (for I wish to keep it for my books). The likelihood that they are literary fans is very doubtful. However, I am more worried for my family than myself if anything goes wrong with that.

I have been asked to use a pseudonym, but I have not found anything to my liking. If the situation brings about a need for a name change, at least for my professional life, I could do with a lot of prayer.

But for now, my family needs prayer for security, and for a sense of security. Being able to feel God's presence would bring much comfort.

(GtW, just summarise that the best you can [] ).

[ 08-13-2002, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nárindo: Platypus of the Night... Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë
"Platypus - I'm amazed at how your mind works." Snow Wizard
"That's far too smart, Brae. You take that intelligence elsewhere, it doesn't belong in this thread!" Éomer
"Platypus- you were always a monotreme with exquisite tastes!" Thingol

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much to everyone for posting here. [] Because there are so many requests, I have changed the names from italics to bold so it is easier to see each of the requests.

GreyLady, There really aren't any rules here. You post a prayer request, and other people (hopefully [] ) will keep it in their prayers.

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

posted      Profile for GreyLady   Author's Homepage   Email GreyLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got permission from GtW to do this.

I have a small Yahoo! group called ChristianRingers. Precocious Auburn Hobbit is a new member. We are usually pretty quite, but do allow prayer requests and praises and the like. If anyone is interested please send me a pm and I will send you a link. The group never seems to appear while doing a search of the yahoo groups for some reason.

And GtW I'd like to thank you for making this thread. It's really seperated the wheat from the chaff, as you might say, on MT.

GreyLady

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sorrow is a woman

From: The Dark Hall of Fui, or Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will delete this in a few days, but as the one who revived the "Religion" thread to keep this clear, I must comment.

GtW says:
quote:
Iv'e restarted the thread, and now it will be used only for the original purpose.

but then we have:
quote:
It's really seperated the wheat from the chaff, as you might say, on MT.

from GreyLady.

The non-Christians left this thread and left you alone, but you should not then use it as a safe haven for implied criticism of them. We, the wheat, may resent it. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Wheat and the Chaff may not be what either one of you two are meaning.
From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I think so...
Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA, from what I saw in the former thread, you would be counted free of criticism. I was impressed with your respectful words of advice to those who lacked your tolerance. Thanks for reviving the religion thread for a thoughtful purpose. I'm sorry if you feel offended, but I doubt any offense was intended towards you.

P.S. It is a thoughtful offer, but don't feel obligated to delete your post. I'm sure non-Christians would be tolerated here, just so long as they are respectful of our religious practice/belief, (especially) since the sole purpose of this thread was for Christian expression.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
~Tolkien

From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My Christian Friends,

I would appreciate it if you would include in your prayers my friend Robyn who has been suffering from debilitating headaches these past few months. Nothing her Doctor's have done has been able to help her with this severe pain.

I certainly appreciate the support and good will of you fine Citizens.

*bows*

Rupert

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

SSA let me explain myself. I have seen some posts that are openly hostile to religion in general and Christianity in particular since GtW restarted this thread. I was very disappointed in this. The posts were very immature and insulting. I did not see you among them, at least that I can recall. Most citizens are very tolerant of one another, and I do try to be. I am a Christian and do prefer to spend my time among the 'wheat' (Jesus refers to believers as wheat and non-believers as chaff) when the 'wheat' is identified. This is a personal preference. I do not wish to belittle any contributions from non-Christians. Yes, the non-Christians have left us alone, but *some* have used other threads to talk about us behind our backs. This type of behavior prompted the 'wheat and chaff' comment. Since I am new, I must take Roland's word that you have been respectful in the past and I thank you for it. I will not mention the names of the ones whom I found badmouthing the thread as well as GtW personally. I know I should not let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. SSA I'm sorry if what I wrote upset you. Please accept my apology. Please do not delete your message, it is a good reminder that someone might wander in and we Christians need to be a good example always.

GreyLady

[ 08-15-2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: GreyLady ]

GreyLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2359

Rupert does your friend have migrains? I do, and they are not fun, but you can usually do some things to limit them.

GreyLady

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sorrow is a woman

Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MUR, your friend, Robyn, is in my prayers.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
~Tolkien

From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Dear GreyLady, I am not in the least offended. And I apologise for intruding, though I can hardly delete my post now, unless we all do! I am no longer a Christian, but hopefully extend my tolerance to those of all faiths, and none. If the prayers of a Wiccan lady are acceptable, I will gladly add my prayers to yours.
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And I, while unable to pray, would like to tell that I hope your friends and relatives will be okay.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Prayer Requests (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help